Brockholes Range is now open
If you are feeling unwell or have Covid19 symptoms please do not visit Brockholes Rifle Range, no matter how mild the symptoms. If you are displaying symptoms yourself you must isolate for 7 days. If you are sharing a household with someone who is displaying symptoms you must isolate for 14 days.
You must contact him by the Wednesday prior to 6pm before the Saturday on which you want to shoot.
There will be no more emails sent out inviting members to contact Ken Rathbone. This is because so many were hitting the “reply” button causing confusion as some of the replies showed the sender as being multiple members of the club, making it uncertain who had replied. This has resulted in some members wishing to shoot being missed altogether.
The range will be operated on a much tighter basis than previously and great thought has been given to how this would work.
The following information will be required until further notice.
- Full Name
- The ranges desired to shoot – eg 200 and 500 yards
- The serial number of the rifle to be used
- Ammunition requirement for the day
- Any reloading components wanted
Club rifles will not be available
Shooting slots will limited and if you are successful, you will be contacted via email by Dave Allen who will advise you of the time to report, together with any necessary supplementary range jobs allocated such as target rigging, de-rigging etc.
You will be required to arrive at least 10 minutes before your shoot time. Park in the field car park for TR and F Class shooters with the centre of the car directly facing the post in the parking space. Smallbore and black powder shooters to use the upper car park. Report directly to the office established in the Argocat shed. Collect your components and ammunition, which will have been made ready for you. Score cards will be issued and pay the fees in accordance with the price list attached USING A CARD ONLY. Cash and cheques will not be handled until the end of the lockdown when it will be safe to do so once again.
- You will then be required to wait by your car until you are called to shoot.
- When shooting is completed, your score cards should be given to the range officer, including value of sighters.
- It is advised you should maintain social distancing in the car park and consider leaving the range as soon as practicable.
- People who have not been through the above procedures turning up and wanting to shoot will not be able to do so.
- Please be patient and pleasant to make the day as enjoyable as possible in these difficult times.
Welcome to the Members section of the Huddersfield Rifle Club. Moving forwards all information relating to the clubs members will now be posted in this secure section of the clubs website, away from public viewing.
If you are a HRC member and don't already have an account to log into this website then please click on the 'Create an account' link on the Login Form to the right. Once your membership has been confirmed your account will be enabled.
If you have shot at HRC but are not a member of the club you can still register for access to the website as a guest. This access will be limited.